|2021 Busan International Architectural Design Workshop_72h Online Workshop||2021-05-27|
2021 Busan International Architectural Design Workshop_72h Online Workshop
1. Workshop Title : Pier 1 : Unfolding the Borderland
2. Workshop Method : 72h Online Workshop
- The BIADW 2021 is an online workshop, which starts at 22:00 on August 06, 2021 (Korean Standard Time, GMT+9) and ends at 22:00 (Korean Standard Time, GMT+9) on August 09, 2021.
- This workshop is set up to stimulate the architectural spontaneity and creativity of participating teams with a time limit of 72 hours.
- Two critical sessions will be held, within 72 hours of the workshop.
- Information on the topic for the workshop, along with details on the target area, will be sent to participating teams by e-mail at 18:00 on August 06, 2021 (GMT+9), 4 hours before the workshop starts.
- The goal of this workshop is to interpret the topic within a limited time and to present architectural alternatives to the target site.
4. Workshop Procedures
- This workshop will be broadcast and recorded from start to finish. The entire process of each team’s work and all critiques is to be relayed online in real time. (This will be transmitted through online channels including the Busan Architecture Festival website, YouTube, and Zoom.)
- Participants affiliated with the same school (university) must form a team (3 students only).
- After registration, each participating team must prepare a workspace where team members can work for 72 hours until August 5, 2021 and must install online broadcasting equipment capable of transmitting video and audio before participating in the workshop.
- The theme and references of the workshop are provided according to the schedule.
- Detailed information on how to proceed through the two critiques will be provided upon designation of a tutor for each team.
- Participating teams are asked to submit design proposals for the target site online based on the theme and references provided, by the end of the workshop (August 9, 2021 @22:00). Participating teams are also required to submit a panel (1 A0) and a video (at least 10 minutes long introducing the team, designs, and giving impressions of the workshop) by 22:00 on August 16, 2021. This is for an exhibition planned to run from November 4 to November 14, 2021.
※ Kindly be reminded that only those who agree to provide the use of portrait rights can participate in this workshop.
- 1st submission (submission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 22:00 on August 9, 2021):
☞ Design proposal (A proposal of 20 pages or more, expressing architectural alternatives, concepts, and including any ideas of the participating team, clearly, in pdf format)
- 2nd submission (submission by email to email@example.com 22:00 on August 16, 2021):
☞ Panel (1 A0 size panel for exhibition. The panel should be in vertical format on PDF.)
☞ Video (video may include material introducing the team, proposing designs, and giving impressions on the workshop. The video must be 10 minutes or more in mp4 format.)
※ Recorded videos and broadcast results during the workshop along with the 1st and 2nd submissions will be used for the exhibition.
6. Participation Registration
- Please fill out the application form on the Busan Architecture Festival website. (http://www.biacf.org/) After receiving the confirmation e-mail, please pay the registration fee (USD 100 for each team).
- 1st prize (1 team): Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Prize of the Republic of Korea (KRW 3,000,000 in prize money)
- 2nd prize (2 teams): Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City / Chairman of Busan Municipal Assembly prize (KRW 2,000,000 in prize money)
- 3rd prize (3 teams): Busan Architecture Festival Executive Committee Chairman Award (KRW 1,000,000 in prize money)
※ Please be reminded that only those who submit both the first and second assignments will be eligible for the awards.
※ All other teams participating in this workshop will also be provided with gifts as well as the publications on the workshop outcomes.
☆ Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any inquries.